Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Scrambled Eggs and Leftover Chili




I had the best breakfast this morning.  I am married to a protein obsessed man.  Seriously.  My man loves protein.  I had a small container of The Pioneer Woman Cooks Beef Chili left over (I made it TWICE last week) and I scrambled some eggs and topped the cooked eggs with beef chili.  Let me tell you it was so good and it will satisfy even the most protein-obsessed eaters.  This breakfast will keep you going for a week and won’t weigh you down.


Scrambled Eggs and Leftover Chili (2 servings)

  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup leftover chili (see my post last week for one option but any chili will do)
  • Grated cheese (optional)
  • Chopped onions (optional)
  • Sour cream (optional)

Scramble the eggs.  Divide the eggs onto two plates.  Serve the eggs topped with ½ cup of hot leftover Chili.  You could garnish this with chopped onions, grated cheese and/or sour cream.  I think this would make a great brunch entrée.  You can prep the chili the day prior and just leave it warming on the stove.  At mealtime all you would need to do is scramble the eggs.  Put out a bunch of toppings and you have a festive, easy brunch.      

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I have to stop reading your blog right before I go to sleep. This looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Re lunch today - your sous chefs are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great way to do this dish is to serve yourself a bowl of chili with a sunnyside up egg on top. The runny yolk oozing through the chili is delicious!

    ReplyDelete